zaterdag 22 augustus 2015
maandag 25 mei 2015
- King Arthur: I am your king.
- Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
- King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
- Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then?
- [Angelic music plays... ]
- King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
- Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
- Arthur: Be quiet!
- Dennis the Peasant: You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
- Arthur: Shut up
- Dennis the Peasant: I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
- Arthur: [grabs Dennis] Shut up! Will you shut up?!
- Dennis: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system!
- Arthur: [shakes Dennis] Shut up!
- Dennis: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
- Arthur: Bloody Peasant!
- Dennis: Ooh, what a giveaway!